the M944T3, an additional winding creates and keeps a clean sine wave.
The automatic voltage regulator on the generator protects electronic
equipment while enabling electric motor starting.
The cast-iron freshwater cooling system and seawater pump minimizes the mess of belts, hoses and gaskets. Waterproof paint and stainless steel drip pan prevent corrosion and keep engine room clean.
Four platform isolation mounts reduce vibrations and keep the onboard environment smooth and quiet. While quiet on its own, you have the option to further reduce the sound of the generator with a power-coated, aluminum soundshield.
Besides quiet, energy-efficient power supply, the Northern Lights M944T3 meets US EPA III emission requirements, keeping things clean both onboard, and in the environment around you.
All service points are located on one side of the gen set, making maintenance a simple and convenient task. Thanks to the DC logic system, you can troubleshoot and repair the DC power system easily, while a 30 amp AC circuit breaker in the junction box provides short circuit protection.
Automatic safety shutdowns for low oil pressure, high water temperature, and high exhaust temperature are standard.
• Four cycle, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
• Induction hardened crankshaft. Forged carbon steel – stronger than cast iron.
• Helical cut and ground, carbon steel timing and PTO gears reduce noise.
• Cross flow head for efficient breathing.
• Freshwater cooling with siphon break.
• Heat exchanger or keel cooled.
• Large, easy-fill single-piece exhaust manifold is freshwater cooled for safety. No hot, dry risers. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
• Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel, tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
• Zinc anode electrolysis protection.
• IDI with glow plugs.
• Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
• Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
• Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
• Large spin-on fuel filter.
• Flexible fuel lines routed to fuel manifold.
• Stop solenoid acts directly on the fuel rack eliminating linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
• Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards at date of manufacture.
• Dry turbocharger insulated for safety.
• Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
• Wet exhaust elbow for safety..
• Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
• 10.5 qt (10.0 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication and 250 hour oil change intervals.
• Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
DC Electrical System
• DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
• 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
• Standard panel: Remote mount S-3C has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch. Gauges for oil pressure, coolant temp and DC voltage. Safety shutdowns for low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp.
• Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
• 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems.
Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintence
free. 12 wire 60 Hz output standard. Conservative heat rise rating:
• Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick ±1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
• Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
• Welded steel base frame with drip pan.
• Operator’s and parts manuals standard.
• Four plateform mounts isolate vibration.
• White, long-life polyurethane paint.
NORTHERN LIGHTS M944T - 38kW at 60 Hz (1800 RPM) MARINE GENERATOR
- Brand: Northern Lights
- Product Code: M944T
- Availability: In Stock