The M773LW3 incorporates the best Northern Lights features into one compact and versatile package. It meets growing onboard power demands without asking for a lot of engine room space.
The M773LW3 was engineered to deliver its power at a quiet, long lasting 1800 rpm. Driven by a high-torque, 69 cubic inch, Lugger diesel and fitted with a powerful W-Series generator end, the M773LW3 has the power to start electric motors with ease.
The M773LW3 features single-side service, which means it can be mounted with the non-service side facing a bulkhead without compromising routine service access.
Other proven systems are utilized throughout. The DC system has simple relays, instead of a printed circuit board, for quick, inexpensive field repairs. Low oil pressure, high coolant temperature and high exhaust temperature safety shutdowns are standard.
An automatic voltage regulator keeps voltage to within ±1%.
Vibration isolating platform mounts, gleaming white polyurethane paint and a plug-in wire harness complete the package.
- Four cycle, 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
- Swirl combustion chambers improve fuel efficiency and reduce smoke.
- Glow plugs for quick cold starting.
- Freshwater cooling system in heat exchanger or keel cooled configuration.
- One-piece heat exchanger, expansion tank and liquid cooled exhaust manifold. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
- Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel, tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
- Fuel system is self-venting.
- Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
- Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Flexible fuel lines routed to fuel manifold.
- Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not the throttle, to eliminate speed variances and linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
- Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards at date of manufacture.
- Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces noise.
- Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
- 4.2 qt (4 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication. 200 hour oil change intervals.
- Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
- Closed crankcase vent system traps oil vapor and keeps engine room clean.
DC Electrical System
- DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
- 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
- Standard panel: Remote mount S-1B has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch.
- Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
- 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems.
- Low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp safety shutdowns standard.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintenance free. 4 lead, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hz output standard. 12 lead, 3 phase optional. Conservative heat rise rating: 95oC/50oC ambient.
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick ±1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
- Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
- Welded steel base frame with drip pan.
- Four plateform mounts isolate vibration.
- White, long-life polyurethane paint.
- Operator’s and parts manuals standard.
NORTHERN LIGHTS M773LW3 - 9kW 1800 RPM 60 Hz MARINE GENERATOR
- Brand: Northern Lights
- Product Code: M773LW3
- Availability: In Stock