The M843NW3 comes with all the time-tested features you expect on a Northern Lights.
A simple, reliable cooling system that minimizes belts, hoses and gaskets. A relay based DC electrical system without expensive printed circuit boards. Single side service accessibility.
- Four cycle, 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, naturally aspirated, overhead valve diesel.
- Swirl combustion chambers improve fuel efficiency and reduce smoke.
- Glow plugs for quick cold starting
- Freshwater cooling system in heat exchanger or keel cooled configuration.
- One-piece heat exchanger, expansion tank and liquid cooled exhaust manifold. Fewer troublesome hoses and gaskets. Cast iron to resist corrosion and electrolysis.
- Heat exchanger cooling is standard. Cupro-nickel tube-type heat exchanger has removable ends for easy cleaning. Rubber impeller seawater pump of bronze and stainless steel is gear driven; no belt.
- Fuel system is self-venting.
- Injection pump with 5% mechanical governor for close AC frequency control.
- Pintle injectors with replaceable tips.
- Mechanical lift pump with hand primer. No electric pump to fail.
- Large spin-on fuel filter.
- Flexible fuel lines routed to fuel manifold.
- Stop solenoid controls the fuel rack, not the throttle, to eliminate speed variances and linkage problems.
Intake and Exhaust
- Meets US EPA Tier III emission standards at date of manufacture.
- Washable air cleaner in cast intake manifold reduces intake noise.
- Cast iron, wet exhaust elbow for safety.
- Full flow, spin-on oil filter with bypass.
- 4.2 qt (4 ltr) oil capacity for better lubrication. 200 hour oil change intervals.
- Oil drain for quick, clean oil changes.
- Closed crankcase vent system traps oil vapor and keeps engine room clean.
DC Electrical System
- DC system uses reliable relays instead of an unrepairable printed circuit board.
- 12 volt starter motor and battery charging alternator with regulator and belt guard.
- Standard panel: Remote mount S-1B has hour meter, stop-start switch with run light and preheat switch.
- Expandable to six panels up to 110 feet from the set.
- 20 foot (6m) plug-in panel harness lets you mount your panel anywhere onboard. Better than inaccessible unit mount panels that are prone to vibration problems.
- Low oil pressure, high coolant temp and high exhaust temp safety shutdowns standard.
- Northern Lights, direct coupled, brushless AC generator is maintence free. 4 lead, 1 phase, 50 or 60 Hz output standard. 12 lead, 3 phase optional. Conservative heat rise rating: 95oC/50oC ambient.
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is powered by dedicated AC winding for true 300% short circuit capability and circuit breaker protection. Quick ±1% RMS no load to full load voltage regulation.
- Generator features high quality, Class “H” epoxy insulation, accessible diodes, over-sized bearings and junction box for wiring.
highest performing enclosures in the industry, Northern Lights sound
shields are designed and tested to attenuate up to 20 dBA
Trigger latch panels open to single-side serviceability and their white, powder-coated finish is as durable as it is elegant.
NORTHERN LIGHTS M843NW3 - 12kW/10kW MARINE GENERATOR (w/ Sound Enclosure)
- Brand: Northern Lights
- Product Code: M843NW3
- Availability: In Stock